Today’s post is all about helping us all actually do the laundry more efficiently than ever. Because who wants to do it all day every day?! Here are 10 hacks that will make doing the laundry a breeze!
- First of all, have you ever tried using the quick wash setting on your washer? I admit that I haven’t, but after today I’m definitely going to try it! It can literally take about half the time of the normal wash setting, but it will still get your clothes just as clean.
2. If you are quick when you hear the end of cycle timer go off on your dryer, and immediately take out your blouses, dress shirts and slacks, you can almost eliminate spending any extra time ironing.
3. For the times you do have to iron, do it while you catch up on your favorite mindless TV show. It makes the time go so much faster!
4. Make your own reusable dryer sheets with some easy stuff you’ll find right at your local Dollar Tree.
5. In a pinch, you can ball up a sheet of aluminum foil and use it as a dryer sheet. It really cuts the static!
6. Help you kids help you by supplying them with a laundry basket for their own room. Then they can be tasked with carrying their own laundry to-and-from the laundry room.
7. Use a cup of white vinegar in your towel load to cut down on any mildew smells and keep hard water build-up out of your washer. It’ll also keep your towels softer. Get a two-gallon supply from Amazon!
8. Establish a routine that works for you. For example, I do regular laundry on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Saturdays are for things like sheets and towels.
9. Put stickers on your kids’ dresser drawers to remind them which types of clothing go where. It’s genius!
10. Learn to make the best homemade laundry detergent and get a free printable too!
I found all the great laundry tips and tricks featured in these posts origninally featured on the following blogs:
How Does She? laundry hacks
Thrifty Little Mom ways to speed up laundry day
The Mamas Girls how to make reusable dryer sheets
How Does She? World’s Best homemade laundry detergent & free printable