1. To keep bananas yellow longer, wrap the ends in plastic wrap. Protecting them from the air is key to stop your bananas from turning brown.
2. Avoid freezer burn in your favorite ice cream by covering the surface of the ice cream with plastic wrap before you put the lid back on.
3. Cover your refrigerator shelves with press and seal plastic wrap to protect them from spills. They’ll stay cleaner so much longer! Just peel them off when they get dirty, and replace with a new sheet! No scrubbing required!
4. Press and seal plastic wrap also works great to protect surfaces in rooms where you are painting.
5. If you need to be out in wet weather, cover your phone with plastic wrap to protect it. This is also works to protect it from sand at the beach.
6. Moving? Plastic wrap helps protect items in open bins so you don’t need to worry about repacking them into a closed box.
7. When mixing powdery ingredients in your mixer, protect the surfaces around the mixer with a barrier made from plastic wrap.
8. Use plastic wrap to protect your tablet from kitchen splatters while you keep your recipe close.
9. Give yourself a marbled nail art manicure. Paint nails and let them dry, then add a second coat of a contrasting color. Just scrunch up a piece of plastic wrap and smudge the still-wet second coat of nail polish until you get the desired marbled effect.
10. When traveling, protect your clothes and other items in your suitcase by putting plastic wrap underneath the lids of your shampoo, conditioner, body wash and other personal toiletries.
11. Keep paint brushes and rollers from drying out when you take a painting break. Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and they’ll be fine ’til you’re ready to come back.
12. For a fun birthday prank, wrap your gifts in plastic wrap. Your friends won’t soon forget about that one!
13. For your next vacation, or even your next move, pack your jewelry in between two sheets of press and seal plastic wrap. It’ll keep your jewelry safe and save space in your bags. Plus, this helps prevent any dreaded necklace tangles!
14. You can turn any cup or mug into a travel mug by covering with plastic wrap. Then just poke a straw through. Genius!
15. Preserve a partially used bucket of paint by sealing with plastic wrap under the lid.