Before the new semester starts, it’s a good idea to clean up and start your apartment (or home!) off fresh. A clean apartment or dorm does wonders for your ability to focus on what’s most important. With that in mind, here are 10 items you NEED to clean before school starts!
1. Hopefully you have washed your sheets and pillowcases at least every week or two, but have you washed your pillows and comforter lately? Now is the perfect time.
2. The rugs that are scattered around your place can get disgusting pretty quickly. Start fresh by giving them a good cleaning before school starts.
3. The shower curtain NEEDS to be clean before school starts! Who knows what yuck it could be harboring from last semester? Most can be tossed into the washing machine so there’s no reason not to do it.
4. I’m going to assume that you take the time to clean the inside of your toilet bowl weekly, but how often do you wipe down the whole thing? Just get it over with and you’ll be glad you did.
5. It’s also time to clean the entire shower stall, not just the tub. Here are some hacks to help you get it done.
6. Trash cans and wastebaskets need some attention after awhile, even if you’ve been faithfully using liners. Clean the inside and the outside too.
7. One of the bigger items that needs some attention before school starts is the refrigerator. It’s likely suffering from the effects of last semester’s spills and forgotten leftovers!
8. Microwaves are big among college students because they’re a quick and easy way to cook your next meal, so it is likely to need a good cleaning right now. Better Homes & Gardens shows you a great way to clean it.
9. Clean your stove and oven before school starts. There is nothing worse than cooking in baked-on grease and grime. Not to mention, it’s a fire hazard!
10. With the apartment quieter, now is the perfect time to clean the floors.
Leave a Reply