Today we have 10 new ways to reuse old blankets. A lot of us have old blankets laying around, and we wonder if we should toss them. Well, you should keep at least a few of them around, because they have some fantastic uses. Take a look!
Ways to Reuse Old Blankets
1. Keep one extra blanket for each of you at the foot of your bed. If one of you is cold during the night, you can warm up without overheating the other person. Wool is an excellent insulator, and it’ll warm you up without being too hot.
2. Got a few too many fleece blankets hanging around? Transform one into several scarves. It’s easy to do. No sewing is involved!
3. Did you know you can make your own duster cloths to fit a Swiffer handle? Just use an old fleece blanket, plus some dryer sheets. Just sew cut some fleece squares the same size as a Swiffer cloth, and layer it with a dryer sheet on the outside. It’s washable, and you save money by not buying the disposable dusters.
4. Recycle part of an old blanket into a pair of soft, warm mittens. It’s easier than you think!
Extra Uses for Old Blankets
5. If you don’t have a car emergency kit, get one and stash an old blanket or two inside. If you’re ever stranded somewhere in cold weather, you’ll be so glad you did!
6. Always take a few wool blankets on camping trips. Layer one underneath an air mattress to insulate it from the colder ground, and put another on top underneath your sleeping bag. No more cold nights at high elevation!
7. Use a wool blanket under your bed sheets. In winter, it will provide extra insulation to help you stay warm. Just lay it on the mattress and then put the sheets on over the top.
8. Add a belt to convert an extra wool blanket into a fabulous coat for the cool fall temperatures.
9. Give a plain old blanket new life by adding some adorable embroidery embellishments. This is a fun project that makes an old blanket look new again!
10. Make a sleeping suit for baby, using a wool blanket for the batting inside. Since wool is an excellent insulator, but really breathable, it keeps baby warm without sweating.