These little guys that you throw into the dryer may seem like they have only one purpose, but that’s simply just not the case! While they’re great at making your clothes feel and smell better, dryer sheets also have numerous other uses from in the kitchen to out in the garage. Here are just 15 of those surprising uses!
1. Scraping all the dead bugs off your grille is probably the last thing you want to be doing when you get back from a long car trip. Well, now there’s no need for that! Just use a dryer sheet and rub it on the bug-splattered car—they should come right off!
2.This idea doesn’t even require a new dryer sheet, you can actually just use an old, used one! Simply put some warm water on the dryer sheet and use it to scrub your tub or shower. It will get rid of soap scum buildup without you having to put nearly as much elbow grease into it!
3.Dryer sheets are a great way to get rid of static, whether it’s on you or something else! Simply rub the dryer sheet on the target area and the static should go away! You can rub the dryer sheet on your hair to prevent static frizz or even on carts and doorknobs before you touch them so they don’t shock you!
4.A super helpful tip that gets rid of static AND cleans is using a dryer sheet to clean your TV screen. Because they’re electric, TVs attract lots of dust. But if you use a dryer sheet to clean them, this not only removes dust but weakens the static charge so not as much dust collects! Just make sure that the dryer sheet doesn’t leave any scratches on the screen!
5.Use a dryer sheet to get rid of stubborn and burnt food from your dishes. Just place a dryer sheet at the bottom of the pan, fill it with warm water, and let it sit overnight. The next day, you should be able to scrape the gunk right off!
6.There’s no need to settle for dull and sad looking chrome! Dryer sheets can actually help polish and keep chrome looking new and clean. Just rub the dryer sheet over the chrome fixture and watch the stains disappear!
7.Just like with dishes, you can also use a dryer sheet to help remove paint even faster and easier from paint brushes. When you’ve finished painting for the day, leave the used paintbrush in a tub or bin with warm water and a dryer sheet. The next day, the paint should come right out!
8.Fight toilet rings by using a dryer sheet! Simply strap on your rubber gloves and go to town on the inside of the toilet bowl! The dryer sheet should break down the rings pretty quickly and do most of the work for you.
9.Eliminate messes by using a dryer sheet to help clean things up! Ingredients like flour, when they spill, are hard to clean up because they’re so fine and difficult to collect. However, if you use a dryer sheet, the flour will actually stick to it, making cleanup so much easier! This also works great for short hair clippings.
10. Cleaning up pet hair can be a never-ending chore, especially because it never seems to get 100% removed. However, once you’ve done the majority of the hair removal, rub a dryer sheet over the surface of things like furniture, clothes, and toys. This will collect the pet hair and repel it for even longer!
11. If you’re working on a last minute project but your scissors just aren’t cutting it (pun intended!), you don’t have to go out and buy new ones. Just use a dryer sheet to sharpen the old ones. It may not be the best sharpening tool, but it will give your scissors the edge they need to get the job done.
12. Lots of pests dislike the smell and presence of dryer sheets. So, if you have a camper or part of your home or yard that seems to be a pest paradise, then just surround it with dryer sheets! This isn’t 100% pest control, but it does help keep critters away better than nothing.
13. While the weather warming up may be nice, it isn’t always fun to open up sleeping bags and tents to get that musty smell of your last trip. So, this year, remember to put a dryer sheet at the bottom of your bag and a few in the tent so that, next time you use them, they’ll smell nice and clean!
14. I think this idea is just genius! Put a fresh dryer sheet in your vacuum bag. That way, whenever you go to vacuum your house, you’ll be cleaning and freshening! The dust will get sucked up and fresh laundry-smell will get pushed out.
15. Dryer sheets don’t just have to go with clothes that you just laundered. In fact, they’re a great way to keep your clothes smelling clean and fresh no matter how long you wait to wear them. Slip a few dryer sheets between the clothes in your drawers and you’ll be smelling clean all the time!