It seems that no matter how many “wrinkle-free” items of clothing I buy, some of them still need ironing. I’ve come to accept the fact that there will always be ironing to be done, but it doesn’t mean I have to pull out my iron every single time. Here are 9 ways to de-wrinkle your clothing without the help of an iron. This is especially helpful for travel, or for those times when your iron suddenly bites the dust!
1. One of the easier methods to de-wrinkle your clothing before work in the morning is to hang them in the bathroom while you shower. The hot steam helps wrinkles fall out amazingly quickly. Let your outfit hang there until the steam dissipates.
2. Let the dryer and a couple of ice cubes do the work for you while you do something else. Just throw that wrinkled shirt or skirt into the dryer, add two ice cubes, and run the dryer on high heat for 10 minutes. The steam will loosen the wrinkles for you.
3. When it’s just a shirt collar or cuffs, or the hem of a dress or skirt that need a little touch up with the iron, don’t pull it out. Instead, heat up your hair straightener. The straightener heats much faster and is the perfect size to quickly touch up those small areas without any trouble. This is such a convenient way to de-wrinkle your clothing!
4. If you’re going to fire up the teakettle anyway, let the steam remove any pesky little wrinkles in your clothes while you wait for your tea to steep.
5. Got a crease in your dress you want to get rid of? Just turn the hairdryer on it. This is really convenient when you’re in a hotel and you’re using the hairdryer anyway. Kill two birds with one stone and de-wrinkle your clothing!
6. When you travel and arrive at your hotel room, you can remove any pesky wrinkles left by the suitcase in an easy way. Just roll your clothes tightly and stick them under the mattress for awhile. It’s another way to “press” the wrinkles out without heating up the iron. You just have to roll them tightly–a loose roll won’t work.
7. Make your own homemade wrinkle-release spray with three simple ingredients. Put 2 cups of water into a spray bottle, and add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and 1 teaspoon of hair conditioner. Shake well. To de-wrinkle your clothes, spray the wrinkle-releaser on the wrinkled clothing just until damp. Pull the fabric taut to help smooth out the wrinkles, and then let the article dry completely. Find all the supplies you need at Dollar Tree!
8. A damp towel works wonders. Lay it over the wrinkled item on top of a table, and then use your hands to press the towel into the clothing and smooth out the wrinkles. That’s it!
9. If you really need to iron and the iron is kaput, just heat water in a pot until boiling. Quickly dump out the water, and use the bottom of the hot pot to quickly iron that wrinkled shirt. It’ll do nicely in a pinch! You can also try draping a wrinkled shirt over the top of the boiling water to loosen the wrinkles.