If you’ve spend more than 10 minutes on the Internet, then you know there are tons of life hacks out there that can make your everyday life easier. I’ve decided to compile a list of the 14 best hacks you should start doing today so that you can win at life! Here they are.
1. If you plan on moving anytime soon, then you HAVE to try this hack. Not only will it save you time, but you’ll also avoid the stress of organizing and reorganizing your clothes. Simply put a garbage bag over your clothes and tie the strings around the hangers as tight as you can!
2.When putting on or taking off keys from your keyring, use a stapler remover to hold the bars apart. This will keep your fingers from being squeezed and also allow the key to slide on 10x easier.
3. You can apparently rub a walnut on damaged wooden furniture and it will make the dings and scuffs disappear. You obviously can’t do this for big marks, but for small ones in not-so-obvious places, this is a cheap and fast solution.
4. Never worry about a disorganized freezer with this great hack! Store all your frozen veggies (and other similarly packaged products) by clipping them to the shelf. This keeps the package closed and also adds storage space!
5. If you only have matches and haven’t gotten around to getting an actual extended-neck lighter, you don’t have to suffer with burnt fingers in order to light your candles. Simply light the tip of a piece of spaghetti and use that to reach into the candle and light the wicks.
6. Save closet space by using shower curtain hooks to store your tank tops. Simply hang one tank top from each hook and then clasp the hook around a hanger. You can store around up to 20 tank tops this way in the space of one shirt!
7. If you constantly run into issues with counter space every time you cook, here’s a great hack! Put the cutting board on an opened drawer or over the sink! The drawer will give you an extra spot for space, but the sink lets you not worry about any food that may slide off the board. Either one is a win!
8. Avoid cutting yourself on those annoying blister packs by using a manual can opener. You won’t have to worry about scissors slipping and cutting you, plus this gives you much more control over the cuts you’re making.
9. This may seem a little strange, but a great way to store that bagel sandwich you made for lunch is by using a CD tote! Just slide the bagel over the dowel and close the lid! This keeps all your ingredients in place and prevents the bagel from drying out.
10. Use unscented dental floss to cut cakes, pastries, and other similar items perfectly! You just slide the floss through the food and it will create a straight slice almost instantly! No more hassling with knives and clumsily cut pieces of cake!
11. Separate yolks and egg whites in a fraction of the time by using a water bottle. Use an empty (and clean) plastic water bottle to do this. Just suck the yolk into the water bottle and place it in a separate bowl. It’s that easy!
12. Hate losing your remote every time you watch TV? Just put a piece of Velcro on the back of it and Velcro it to the side of the couch, coffee table, TV stand, or somewhere else. You can do this with video game controllers as well!
13. Use paperclips to organize all the cords and wires you have at your desk. Simply attach the paperclip to the edge of the desk and slide the wire through the metal clasp. Not only does this help you keep track of your wires, but it also prevents them from getting tangled.
14. Speaking of cords, if you have a box of them that always seem to get tangled, here’s a great idea. Just use old toilet paper or paper towel rolls and store the cords inside of them. This allows you to label each roll (so you actually know what the cord goes to) and prevents any tangling from happening.